Credit: All-Pro Reels, used via CC BY-SA 2.0
This week, the guys take “What Are You Drinking?” to a whole new level before talking about the Sixers, the European Super League, and, of course, the Phillies.
In this week’s packed show:
• John got his first COVID-19 vaccine dose
• John Reads The News™ (3:47)
• A combined “What Are You Drinking?” taste test in which Joe surprises John with a new beverage to try: Pabst Blue Ribbon Hard Coffee (5:27); the experience leaves them with more questions than answers
• A discussion about the Sixers leads to a brief aside about the retirement of LaMarcus Aldridge and another aside about eight-seeds beating top seeds (13:01); a preemptive fact check indicates that both Boo Birds are wrong, and there have been five such upsets in the NBA Playoffs, so don’t @ us
• Joe goes on for much more than a minute about the proposed and likely defunct-before-it-began European Super League (23:52), explaining what it is (was?) and why it was so widely loathed by everyone other than the kajillionaires who cooked it up
• Inspired by Joe’s beef with the local ABC affiliate last week, John brings out some of his own that’s not quite as fresh and takes a shot at a certain segment of the Philadelphia fan base (39:57)
• The guys join The Aaron Nola Conversation; John sticks to his guns, while Joe is incredulous that the conversation even exists (46:25)
• On the opposite end of the spectrum from Nola is the black hole in center field at Citizens Bank Park (58:08)
Phillies Minor League Preview with Pat McCarthy – The Boo Birds Podcast
You can find The Boo Birds Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/boobirdspodcast.