Last week saw the NBA Trade Deadline come and go, so leave it to the Eagles to have one of their deals be the talk of the town.
On the latest edition of The Boo Birds Podcast, the guys talk about the trade the Sixers made – and the ones they didn’t – as well as the surprising draft pick swap the Eagles made last week. Then, in honor of Opening Day, John chats with Lauren Amour (@philaurdelphia) of The Good Phight about the upcoming Phillies season.
• The guys revel in the annual optimism of Opening Day
• John “opens the door of the piping hot news oven” and Reads The News™ (5:38)
• What Are You Drinking?™, or as it should be called this week, “John uses the pod as an excuse to try a new adult beverage” (6:54)
• The Sixers acquired George Hill, but did not acquire Kyle Lowry; the guys discuss the deal, among other Sixers-y thoughts (7:56)
• Because Howie Roseman can’t let another Philadelphia team have the spotlight for more than an hour or two, the Eagles made a trade last week as well, and thoughts are had by all; plus, the introduction of The Boo Birds Podcast’s new source of income, The Carson Wentz Jar (16:54)
• John chats with Lauren Amour from The Good Phight about her history as a Phillies fan, bobblehead dolls, and of course, the 2021 season (26:33)
Speaking of bobbleheads, you’ve got one more week to get in on a chance to win a Chase Utley bobblehead from John’s collection. The winner will be announced on next week’s show!
Is Aaron Nola an Ace? – The Boo Birds Podcast
You can find The Boo Birds Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/boobirdspodcast.