Photo: Melody Joy Kramer, used via CC BY-NC-ND 2.0
The Eagles have played their way out of a playoff spot and into a quarterback controversy, as Jalen Hurts (finally?) replaced Carson Wentz during Sunday’s game. Meanwhile, on the other side of Pattison Avenue, the Phillies are rumored to be listening to offers for Zack Wheeler. You know, the frontline starter they signed a year ago to a not-unfriendly contract? Yeah, that guy. It’s that kind of episode.
On this week’s pod:
• Joe rats John out for ticking his mom off before John briefly discusses his latest non-Boo Birds creative venture, a mini-documentary about local band called The Tisburys
• John Reads the News™ (3:06)
• What Are You Drinking?™ (5:06)
• “Why Are You Drinking?” which is the working title of both the Eagles’ 2020 Video Yearbook and just about every Boo Birds Podcast segment about the team of late; the guys talk about Jalen Hurts (6:24), the last time an Eagles franchise quarterback was benched mid-game (11:17), if the 2020 season can be salvaged, and what that even means (12:30), and, of course, Carson Wentz (16:51), Doug Pederson, and Howie Roseman (24:25)
• Joe awards John a Quick Picks victory (29:05)
• John opens fire on the Phillies after reports surface that Zack Wheeler could be on the market amid an offseason of inactivity (32:12)
• The lack of a functional front office at Citizens Bank Park (40:42)
• Some 2020 Phillies are coming back in 2021 (49:24)
• Some 2020 non-Phillies that could be added for 2021 (54:37)
22. 01/11/21: Eagles Season Wrap-Up with Roy Burton of Birds Outsiders – The Boo Birds Podcast
You can find The Boo Birds Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, Stitcher, and more; download, subscribe, and leave a five-star review! You can also find us at http://www.anchor.fm/boobirdspodcast.